I was tagged by Steve at Khanya.
Here are the rules…
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Here are eight things about me:
1. I was born in Meridian, Mississippi, but my parents were living at the time in Shuqulak, thirty miles up the road in beautiful (no really!) Noxubee County.
2. A few months ago I was bitten on the nose by a random dog in a park. He ran away before I could properly admonish him.
3. The dog’s hostility was perhaps not unwarranted, as I once ate dog stew at a restaurant in Southwest China. It wasn’t that great really. I’ve never really liked dogs.
4. I was the very first undergraduate graduate from William Carey University, as the school changed its title from ‘College’ to ‘University’ last year. My last name being Allen I was the first in the alphabetically aranged line of graduates.
5. My one and only case of altitude sickness was on a mountainside soccer field in the central Andes of Peru. It was pretty bad.
6. As a child I would get into trouble with the neighbors for digging replica Civil War trenches in their woods.
7. I am sometimes asked if I am a Mennonite (mainly because of my hair and beard style, I think). I’m not, though I almost volunteered for a Mennonite-run teaching program in China.
8. I almost never eat the part of the french fry touched by my fingers whilst eating it, a habit I picked up from being a busboy at a catfish house and having pereptually dirty, grease and general-filth caked hands as a result- especially at dinner time at the end of the night.
Now, since pretty much everyone else has been tagged for this meme, I’m going to excuse myself for being lazy and not tagging anyone else.